My Simmons

Work Orders and Key Requests

Residence Hall Key Requests

Students needing replacement keys should contact Residence Life at 617-521-1096 or [email protected].

Work Orders

The Facilities Service Center processes work requests for Buildings & Grounds, which is responsible for building maintenance, housekeeping, furniture moves and bed bunking, landscaping, shipping and receiving, and snow removal. Work Orders placed for keys will be denied and closed.

Work requests may be submitted by visiting

Common Work Requests

Work requests may be submitted by visiting

Common work requests and corresponding Problem Type:

  • Light bulb replacement – Lighting
  • Housekeeping requests – Housekeeping
  • Recycling/trash disposal – Housekeeping
  • Temperature issues – Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning
  • Leaks-Plumbing
  • Furniture moves – Furniture
  • Issues with vending or laundry machines – General Maintenance
  • Problems with elevator operation – Elevators
  • Pest removal – Pest Control
  • Bed bunking – Furniture

Emergency Requests

Such things as fire, medical emergencies, water leaks, broken glass, and hazardous chemical or waste spills should be directed to Public Safety at all times by calling 617-521-1112.

Technology Issues

Issues including, computer, printer, copier, phone, classroom/meeting room and media concerns should be directed to the Technology Service Desk.