Internal - Current Students

NCLEX-RN Application

The Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing has contracted with Professional Credential Services, Inc. (PCS), Nashville, TN, for the dissemination and processing of RN licensure applications and forms.

Students who are applying for initial RN licensure in Massachusetts

Step 1: Follow licensure application and NCLEX instructions on PCS web site

Complete the RN licensure application and Pearson VUE NCLEX registration process through PCS. Complete instructions are available on the PCS web site at

When completing all forms relating to licensure, please keep the following in mind:

  • Name must match exactly on MA Nursing License Application, NCLEX registration, and the Government Issued ID that will be used at the examination.
  • Graduation Date: August 31, 2020.
  • Dix, UG and 5-year BS-MS students select “BSN” option for degree and enter program code US08509200.
  • Direct Entry MSN students select “MSN” option for degree and enter program code US08508700.
  • Save a copy of your application to your computer for future reference.
  • The candidate will make two applications, one to the company that administers the NCLEX-RN and one to the company that the Massachusetts Board contracts with to handle applications.
  • PCS Application will cost $230. Pearson Vue NCLEX registration will cost $200.

Step 2: Complete the Certificate of Graduation Google Form

The Certification of Graduation form will be completed and signed by a Simmons official, based on the information you provide in the below google form.

Complete this google form and fill in your name EXACTLY as you entered it on your licensure application. This form needs to be completed no later than August 23.

The College will mail the signed and sealed form and transcript directly to PCS within two weeks after you complete your RN program.

Please be advised, once the paperwork is sent to PCS, we are unable to track the progression of each application. Please direct all inquiries to their customer service line at (877) 887-9727 and have them contact us if there are any issues requiring our assistance.

Special Circumstances

If you plan to apply for licensure in a state other than Massachusetts, you must contact the Board of Registration in that state for the appropriate form(s) for licensure. If there are forms that Simmons must complete, submit them to the CNBHS Dean’s Office (S-340A) as soon as possible. If you need a transcript delivered out of state, please request this through your AARC account.