Internal - Faculty & Staff

Facilities Service Center

The Facilities Service Center processes work requests for Buildings & Grounds, which is responsible for building maintenance, housekeeping, furniture moves, landscaping, shipping and receiving, and snow removal.

Technology issues including, computer, printer, copier, phone, classroom/meeting room and media concerns should be directed to the Technology Service Desk.

Emergency requests such as fire, medical emergencies, water leaks, broken glass, and hazardous chemical or waste spills should be directed to Public Safety at all times by calling 617-521-1112.

Please click here for service response time and expectations for work order requests.

Submit a Work Request

Work requests may be submitted by visiting

Common work requests and corresponding Asset Essentials Problem Type:

  • Light bulb replacement – Lighting
  • Housekeeping requests – Housekeeping
  • Recycling/trash disposal – Housekeeping
  • Temperature issues – Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning
  • Leaks – Plumbing
  • Furniture moves – Furniture
  • Requests for window shades – Shades/Blinds
  • Requests for hanging pictures/bulletin boards – Carpentry
  • Miscellaneous Request or Repairs – General Maintenance
  • Problems with elevator operation – Elevators
  • Pest removal – Pest Control
  • Bed bunking – Furniture
Submit an Office Key Request

Faculty or staff members needing replacement or new office keys should download the Key Request Form. Please fill it out completely, including signature authorization from a department chair, then save to your computer and attach it to your work request in Asset Essentials.

For more information, download the Simmons Key Management Policy.

Submit a Residence Hall Key Request

Students needing replacement keys should contact Residence Life at 617-521-1096 or [email protected].

View Asset Essentials Resources