The Payroll Office is responsible for paying faculty, staff and students on a timely and accurate basis and in accordance with internal authorizations and external regulations. Payroll handles direct deposits, payroll deductions, income tax withholding, garnishments, and everything else related to your paycheck.

For questions related to the Exempt Semi-Monthly Payroll contact Haley Calabro at or 617-521-2413.

For questions related to the Non-Exempt Bi-Weekly Payroll contact Peggy Callahan at or 617-521-2015.

For questions related to the Student Payroll contact Chelsea Owens at or 617-521-2182.


Why is my taxable income different than the year-to-date income on my pay stub?

For most employees, your federal and state taxable income (Box 1 and 17) are determined by taking your gross income and subtracting your pre-tax deductions (health, dental, dependent care, medical, and SRA) and adding your imputed income e.g., life insurance coverage reported in Box 12C of your W2.

Why are Medicare wages different than my federal taxable income?

TIAA employee deductions are subject to Medicare taxes. Therefore, you need to add your TIAA deduction back to your federal taxable income to arrive at Medicare wages.

Why are Social security wages different than my Medicare wages?

The social security wage base for 2017 is $127,200 If your Medicare Wages are higher than $127,200 your social security wage will be limited to $127,200.

What is the amount under Box 12a, Code C for?

The amount in Box 12, Code C represents imputed taxable income for the cost of group-term life insurance over $50,000. This amount is required by the IRS to be included in Box 1, 3, and 5 of your W2.

What is the amount under Box 12, Code DD for?

The amount in Box 12, Code DD represents the cost of employer-sponsored health coverage. The amount reported with code DD is not taxable. Additional reporting guidance, including information about the transitional reporting rules that apply, is available on the Affordable Care Act Tax Provisions page of