Students need a Simmons College ID/account to check out materials. Please contact the Circulation Desk at email@example.com or 617-521-2780 with questions about borrowing, renewing, and returning Library materials.
- Books, media, journal articles, and other materials required for coursework can be placed in the Course Reserve Collection by instructors.
- Books and media that are on reserve for your courses can be found by searching for your course on the Course Reserves website.
- Instructors make electronic items, like online articles, available through your syllabus or online course. For instructions on how to find an electronic article from a citation, check out the Course Readings Guide.
- For questions or problems, please contact the Reserves staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-521-2796.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
If there are materials that you need for academic work that the Library does not own, we may be able to borrow them for you from another library. To place interlibrary loan requests, log in to the ILL system with your username and password.
Go to the ILL website for more information. For questions or problems, please contact the ILL staff at email@example.com or 617-521-2796.
- Renewing ILLs: Log in to the ILL system to request a renewal. A renewal must be requested before an item is due. Not all libraries grant renewals.
- Overdue ILLs: Shortly before its due date, you will receive a courtesy notice reminding you that your ILL item is due soon. After 30 days, you may be billed for the item. Please note that lending libraries' replacement fees are often $80 or more. Unpaid ILL fees may affect your ability to register for classes, graduate, or obtain copies of your transcript or may be referred to the Dean of Student Life as violations of the Simmons College Honor Code.
The Simmons Library offers a spacious and modern environment that accommodates both individual and collaborative learning. Comfortable chairs, large tables, and study carrels are available throughout the Library.
Group Study Rooms
- There are 14 group study rooms available for Simmons students. Some rooms contain technology such as DVD/VHS players and projectors.
- To reserve a room, log in to the Library Study Rooms system with your Simmons username and password.
- Group study rooms are for use by Simmons students only.
- Group study rooms are for use by groups, not individuals.
- Simmons students may reserve group study rooms for up to 3 hours per day.
- Reservations may be made up to 14 days in advance.
For questions or problems, please contact the Circulation Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-521-2780.
Individual Study Space
Quieter areas for individual study include:
- Study carrels on Level 2 and Level G
- Media Viewing & Listening Room on Level G